Sunday, October 25, 2015

Leo Goran plays for Jake Shimabukuro


https://vimeo.com/143473783 Ok, so I know the sacrifice it takes to get to a level of excellence.  You will lose girlfriends over it, regret not spending more time with family it is in a way selfish.  But, putting in 12 hour practice days to play multiple styles of music authentically, to understand the depth of music theory, to transcribe the licks of the best players takes 12 hour days of work.  The result is you get good and the curse is it is never good enough.  I sometimes worry about my students who put in that sacrifice to be the best they can be. I have a student who is gifted and his name is Leo Goran.  In this Leo plays for Jake Shimabukuro post I can gladly show the reward for the sacrifice.  Leo studies guitar and ukulele with me on Skype.  We focus on jazz, classical and rock styles for guitar, music theory and the ukulele.  Leo said to me he wanted to learn a specific performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps by Jake.  I agreed.  5 months and 13 pages latter
http://bit.ly/1kCV2b5

No comments:

Post a Comment